Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Straits Times Reflection 11

Question 1. What are some of the problems involved in separating a conjoined twin?

Answer: Problems such as severe chest infection, which can lead to death. Also, complications and fatal problems with spinal cord are some problems faced during and after the separation. It is said that the separation of a conjoined twin can leave one with serious brain damage or a major problem of excessive blood loss.

Question 2. If you were a part of a conjoined twin, would you rather stay together with your twin for the rest of your life or would you risk both your lives to go for an operation? Why?

Answer: I would prefer staying together with my twin for the rest of my life to risking each other's life. Being a conjoined twin does not refer to a very serious problem. I would just have some minor inconveniences. But I have to learn how to get along with my twin and get use to it. I can try my best to pretend he's my best companion and follow him wherever he goes. It is not as if I would not be able to walk for the rest of my life, or I'm blind, deaf, mute or a vegetable.

No comments:

Post a Comment