Monday, August 24, 2009

Straits Times Reflection 17

Question 1(a). List two reasons why teens are reluctant to call helplines despite the promise of anonymity and professional help.

Some teenagers feel that it will be weird to talk to stranger. Some feel that close friends are easier to communicate and talk to. They have more faith and trust in their friends and they think their friends are the people whom they can rely on.

Question 1(b). According to Ms Lily Chu, how does Touch Leadership and Mentoring prefer to help troubled teens?

Touch Leadership and Mentoring can be prefered to help troubled teenagers through more direct and effective means, such as educational workshops organised in schools, one to one counselling and home visits.

Question 2. Have you confided in your friends or family members about the problems you face in school/ life? Why or why not?

Yes. I wouldn't want to keep all the problems to myself as that will make me feel more anxious and pent up. I would rather share my problems with my friends and family members and release all my doubts. That will make me less worried and I can have more people to rely on to help solve my problems. This will allow others to know more about my character.

Have you been betrayed by your friends before? If yes, how? (You may change the names of the people involved for privacy)

I cannot remember any incidents of betrayal. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! I need to think...

No comments:

Post a Comment